Dr. Kent Winkler is a board-certified interventional cardiologist specializing in nuclear medicine, rhythm management, pacemaker implantations and defibrillator implantations.
In 2002, Dr. Winkler launched the interventional cardiology program at Flagstaff Medical Center. During a two year period, Dr. Winkler was the only interventional cardiologist in Flagstaff and was on-call every day for roughly two years covering hospital call. In fact, Dr. Winkler performed his first intervention with a broken wrist.
In 2008, along with his business partners, Dr. Winkler created Mountain Heart. Dr. Winkler serves as the Medical Director of Mountain Heart in Flagstaff. He is committed to providing accessible, affordable, and comprehensive cardiology and sleep care to patients in northern Arizona.
- Undergraduate- Eureka College with a double major in Biology & Chemistry, Magna Cum Laude
- Chicago Medical School, University of Health Sciences, M.D.
- Internship and residency at Phoenix Baptist Hospital.
- Internal medicine residency at Good Samaritan Hospital in Phoenix.
Board Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Andrew Atiemo is a talented clinician, teacher and author. Dr. Atiemo is also the co-founder of Heart, Mind and Soul, LLC – a health and fitness company. After completing his medical education at Harvard Medical School, Dr. Atiemo trained in internal medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, a Harvard teaching hospital. His passion for cardiology led him to John Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland where he trained in general cardiology and interventional cardiology. During his time at this world renowned center, Dr. Atiemo performed over 400 heart catheterizations and authored publications in several peer-reviewed journals. Dr. Atiemo is triple board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology. When not working, Dr. Atiemo enjoys spending time with family and friends.
- Undergraduate- University of Maryland- B.S. Program Biological Sciences,Summa Cum Laude
- Harvard Medical School, M.D.
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Internal Medicine Internship and Residency
- Johns Hopkins Hospital Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship
- Johns Hopkins Hospital lnterventional Cardiology Fellowship
Dr. Leder specializes in complex coronary intervention and advanced vascular intervention.
His expertise and special interests include, Advanced CTO techniques, Endovascular AAA repair, Pericardiocentesis, Treatment of Critical Limb Ischemia, IVC Filter Placement, Endovascular Laser Therapy, and Intravascular Ultrasound. Dr. Leder is board certified in Nuclear Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Vascular Medicine, Endovascular Medicine and Interventional cardiology.
- Undergraduate- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Cum Laude
- Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, M.D., Cum Laude
- Clinical Fellow in Medicine at Harvard Medical School
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Chief Medical Resident at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Cardiovascular Medicine Fellowship at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Interventional Cardiology and Vascular Fellowship at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, Tufts University, Boston, MA
Dr. Renzo Cataldo specializes in Electrophysiology. He is triple board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. Dr. Cataldo embraces his Italian heritage and loves traveling and taking amazing photos for his photography business, Renzo Photo.
- Undergraduate- Scuola d'Italia, New York
- Universita' degli Studi di Trieste, Trieste, Italy, M.D.
- Internship in Internal Medicine at St. Vincent's Medical Center of Richmond, Staten Island, New York
- Residency in Internal Medicine at Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, New York
- Fellowship in Cardiology, Clinical Electrophysiology, and Research Electrophysiology at University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
Dr. Cohen specializes in vascular care and the treatment of peripheral arterial disease and limb salvage.His expertise and special interests include, Coronary and Non-Coronary Cardiac Interventions, Peripheral Vascular Angiography and Intervention, Aortic Endografts, Limb Salvage Intervention, Venous Intervention, Carotid Stenting and Stroke Intervention, and Structural Heart Disease Intervention. Before going into private practice, Dr. Cohen was an attending cardiologist and assistant professor of medicine at Albany Medical College and Medical Center. He was an attending cardiologist, chairman of Critical Care and co-director of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory at St. Peter’s Hospital in Albany, N.Y.
- Undergraduate- Union College, Schenectady, New York; Summa Cum Laude
- Albany Medical College, Albany, New York, M.D.
- Internship at Albany Medical Center, Albany, New York
- Residency at Albany Medical Center, Albany, New York
- Fellowship in Invasive and Laboratory Cardiology at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (Presbyterian University Hospital)
- Fellowship in Clinical and Laboratory Cardiology at Albany Medical Center
Dr. Wani specializes in all aspects of interventional cardiac and vascular medicine. His expertise and special interests include: Coronary Interventions for Acute and Chronic Coronary Artery Disease -Peripheral Vascular Angiography and Intervention -Carotid Stenting and Aortic Endografts -Non-Coronary Cardiac Interventions for Structural Heart Disease -Noninvasive Cardiology (TEE, Nuclear Cardiology, Coronary CTA). Dr. Wani is Board Certified in Endovascular Medicine, Adult Comprehensive Echocardiography, Nuclear Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Undergraduate- Gandhi Memorial College, India
- Goyt Medical College Srinagar, M.D.
- Residency in Internal Medicine at Goyt Medical College Srinagar
- Fellowship in Cardiology at USC Keck School of Medicine
- Internship in CT Surgery/Vascular at USC Keck School of Medicine
- Residency in Internal Medicine at USC Keck School of Medicine
- Fellowship in Cardiology at USC Keck School of Medicine
- Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology at Kaiser Permanente
- Fellowship in Peripheral Interventional Cardiology at Cardiovascular Institute, El Camino Hospital
Erin Rasmussen is an Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner from Flagstaff, Arizona. Her nursing practice began in the intensive care unit at Flagstaff Medical Center where she gained a variety of experience working with cardiovascular, trauma, and medical patients. Erin’s holistic approach is focused on the prevention and treatment of a wide variety of cardiovascular conditions. In her spare time, Erin enjoys hiking, snowboarding, and practicing Shaolin kung fu with her husband and two children.
- Undergraduate-Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree from Northern Arizona University
- Masters of Science Degree in Nursing from the University of Arizona
- Doctorate of Nursing Practice from the University of Arizona
Dr. Megan Engbring is a board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner who specializes in cardiology. She offers a holistic approach to the management of acute and chronic cardiac conditions and has a passion for preventive medicine. She boasts 20 years of healthcare experience and has enjoyed working with Dr. Winkler and the Mountain Heart team since 2013. In her personal time, she enjoys traveling, skiing, hiking, climbing, and cooking and eating healthy meals with her husband and daughter.
- Undergraduate- Arizona State University.
- Masters of Science in Nursing; Family Nurse Practitioner from Frontier Nursing University
- Doctor of Nursing Practice from Frontier Nursing University
Elisa offers 20 years of critical care and catheterization lab experience. Elisa has a special interest in assisting patients in need of peripheral revascularization therapy and vein care.
- Undergraduate- Chaffrey College
- BSN from California State University, Dominguez Hills
- MSN ACNP from Grand Canyon University
Amy Taylor, AG-ACNP is board certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner and Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner and has been working in the health care field since 2010. Amy is Board Certified in Adult-Gerontology Acute Care and is a Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner. Ms. Taylor has worked as a Cardiology Nurse Practitioner, Urgent Care Nurse Practitioner, and as a Registered Nurse in Critical Care, Medical-Surgical, and Orthopedics.
- Undergraduate- University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama
- MSN from University of South Alabama College of Nursing
Scott Krankkala is a Physician Assistant specializing in Electrophysiology. He is skilled in autonomous suturing, intubation, arterial/venous access, sterile procedure, surgical assist, splinting & casting.
Prior to his career as a Physician Assistant he worked as a mountaineering guide in Colorado where he was actively involved in wilderness medicine and Mountain Rescue in Colorado. He gained his initial healthcare experience working as ER Technician for several years. After completing his education at the University of Colorado he chose to pursue a career in cardiology. His clinical passions include utilizing advances in technology to optimize the care of patients, along with taking the time to educate patients about the complex nature of their conditions.
Outside of the workplace he continues to be active in Mountain Rescue with The Coconino County Search and Rescue Team. He also serves as an observer with the Kachina Peaks Avalanche Center. In his spare time he and his wife Julie enjoy rock climbing, mountain biking, backcountry skiing, and the other near endless outdoor opportunities offered in Northern Arizona.
- Undergraduate- Western State Colorado University
- MS Physician Assistant from the University of Colorado
Mackenzie is a Board Certified Hospital Based Physician Assistant who spends most of her work days at Flagstaff Medical Center. Some of her skills include arterial and peripheral catheter placement, paracentesis, thoracentesis, and splinting.
- Undergraduate- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- MS Physician Assistant Studies from Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
Dr. Henderson has been specializing in Sleep Medicine since 2014. She moved to Flagstaff from Buffalo, NY in 2017 to join the Mountain Heart team. While in Buffalo, Dr. Henderson worked at UBMD Sleep Medicine as a Sleep Medicine Physician and Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Buffalo. Dr. Henderson is double Board Certified in Family Medicine and Sleep Medicine.
- Undergraduate-The University of Nevada, Reno
- Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, D.O.
- Residency in Osteopathic Family Medicine at Sisters of Charity Hospital, University at Buffalo
- Fellowship in Sleep Medicine at University at Buffalo
Dr. Raju specializes in Sleep Medicine. He is double board certified in Internal and Sleep Medicine.
Undergraduate-Coimbatore Medical College, Tamil Nadu, India
-Internal Medicine Residency at Geisinger Medical Center
-Sleep Medicine Fellowship-Temple University Hospital
Martha Barlow is a nurse practitioner specializing in sleep medicine. She finds great joy in assisting Dr. Henderson in the care of her patients. In her free time Martha enjoys gourmet cooking, photography, poetry, and spending time with her family.
-Undergraduate-Mohave Community College
-MSN from Frontier Nursing University
Sherry O’Brien, FNP-C grew up near Tombstone, AZ. Her parents still live there on a cattle ranch where she grew up.
She has had an interesting career throughout her lifetime. She has been a flight attendant for American Airlines, a school teacher, an RN and now an FNP-C.
In her spare time, she enjoys reading, planting and gardening, and completing weekend projects fixing up her cabin she purchased in Munds Park last year.
-Undergraduate-Arizona State University
-Masters from the University of Phoenix
Bill Holley is a Registered Respiratory Therapist. While attending Seminary in Louisville, KY Bill went to work at the Highlands Baptist Hospital in 1979 and discovered medicine. Shortly afterward he returned to his home state of Florida and began his career in Respiratory Therapy in a local training program. In 1985, Bill achieved his Certified Tech Credential, his Registry in 1990, and his Certification in Pulmonary Functions in 1993. Bill has been employed in several hospitals over the years relocating to Yuma, AZ in 1994. In 2002, Bill was appointed Director of First Health Medical Supply, a subsidiary of Yuma Regional Medical Center. From 2011 to 2016 Bill worked in Idaho but missed the sunshine of Arizona. In January of 2017, Bill joined the Mountain Heart care team to expand our durable medical equipment services to the northern Arizona community.
- Undergraduate-Stetson University
- MBA from the University of Phoenix
Copyright © 2018 Mountain Heart, PLLC - All Rights Reserved.